Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the study of an individual’s ability to perceive, understand and manage their own emotions. Following the prophetic model, Madina Institute seeks to teach the students how to cultivate personal development, professional leadership, and relationship success through recognizing the relationship between cognition, emotion and behavior.
Emotional Intelligence studies aims to equip students with knowledge in the foundational principles of Emotional Intelligence such as: Self Awareness, Focus, Emotional balance, Empathy, Positive outlook, and Adaptability. This course will look at each of these skills, learning what they are and how to apply them in our daily lives. Through the duration of this course we aim to provide students with skills that will benefit them in all aspects of their lives, ranging from how we feel to how to become a more effective leader.
Madina Institute’s Emotional Intelligence course offers unique insight from the life of some of the greatest figures in Islamic history such as Imam al-Ghazali.
– Defining Emotional Intelligence
– Self-Awareness: Get to know yourself
– Emotional Balance: Why it matters
– Empathy: Building & Cultivating Empathy
– Adaptability: Change for the better
– Positive Outlook: Optimism
– Our Greatest Distractions
– An understanding of the discussions that surround the topic of EQ
– Apply the foundational EQ skills in daily practice
– Understand ones strengths and weaknesses
– Learn what foundational EQ skills are and how to apply them
– Recognise negative emotions that affect one’s feelings and behaviour